There are lots of art classes and workshops and art groups out there, and they serve a very useful purpose, but they all have an agenda: you’re there “to learn”, or “to improve your skills”, or “to appreciate Art” (with a capital A).
Oh, it all sounds so serious!
No-one seems to be advocating drawing just for the fun of drawing – and yet at its simplest it helps your mental wellbeing in so many ways.
It’s About The Process, Not The Product
A Doodle Inn is for the pleasure of drawing, alone or with company; it’s for the joy of the process. It’s not about what you produce, it’s about how good you feel creating it.
Our aim, here at Doodle Inn HQ, is to encourage everyone to discover the joy of drawing for their own happiness…
- …Not for any expectation of making great art (although that may happen).
- …Not for any need to get better at it (although that will almost certainly happen).
- …Certainly not to impress anyone else (although that may happen too).
Just because drawing and doodling is fun, and it makes you feel good.
Why Is Drawing So Good For Us?
- Drawing… helps you to really look at the world around you.
- Drawing… takes your mind off your problems.
- Drawing… helps you express yourself.
- Drawing… helps you communicate.
- Drawing with others… breaks down barriers.
- Drawing with others… helps to build communities.
- Drawing with others… you find new friends.
So why not drop in to a Doodle Inn. Check out the smiles of those around. Pick up a pencil, a pen, a crayon, a marker…
…And get doodling!
Support the Doodle Inn Project on Patreon and help it grow.